Wednesday, September 14, 2011

writing a pragraph...

    I feel frightened whenever I hear the words “Write,” “English” and  “Grammar.”  I feel really out of practice. When I heard that our class was going to write a paragraph my heart skipped a beat. From the time I was a sophomore in high school until I graduated in 2008 I was enrolled in a technical class, where I learned to fix automobiles, at the 916 program at Century College; So I haven’t taking any of those classes since 8th grade. It felt like I had a bowling ball in my stomach when , Dr. Brian Lewis, handed out a sheet of paper titled writing task #1: narrative descriptive paragraph; the paper stated that I had to write/type at least 250 words and no more than 400, if possible. I felt crushed, like I could even type 250 words in a row that made sense, I’ve had trouble typing simple sentences. I felt light headed; I don’t think I have composed anything that long in seven years! I’m only on 148 words at the end of this sentence! “This is so frustrating!” apparently this computer only counts words that are more than four letters as a word. Somehow I have to come up with no less than 102 more words. “How am I going to do this?” My hands are sweaty and aching, my head feels as if my blood pressure has risen to the point where my brain is expanding and pressing against the inside of my skull. Maybe it’s just because I’m thinking too hard. As I review and think about what I just typed my body is being flooded with a calm feeling of resolve and accomplishment. “I did it, I’m done! 296 words!” Ok maybe the words “write,” “English” and “grammar” aren’t really that frightening; maybe I just need a little practice... J    

No comments:

Post a Comment